Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One down...Ten to go...

Oh my Ga-- I finished my first week as a nanny. Not only do I love my girls, Kelly and Nicole, the Seitz family is feeling like well family. Don't think I don't miss my family and friends in Utah, but me and Summer are having a blast in the Hampton's. The beach is about a ten minute walk from home and it is LOVELY!! I spend most my day with 2 year old Nicole, (Nicky) so its a good thing that she is a talker or I'd be talking to myself. The girls love to watch Noggin, although they only get an hour a day, every minute is spent asking for more noggin time. One week down means another to conquer, and although we have our ups and downs I am having a blast getting paid to be a practice stay-at-home mommy!
Me and Summer are not without adventures on our own as well. On our day off we ditched the strollers and diaper bags for some magazines and hit the beach. A warm sunny Sunday turned from beautiful to dreary in a flash, and we were suddenly caught in the rain. Without a ride home, and me in shorts we rain around and hid in the door way to the bathroom for cover. Soon we started walking home in spite of the rain around us.
Later we stopped back at the beach in Melissa's minivan, yep a hottie snatcher, and ate our dinner. A fun and messy dinner turned into a big problem...Summer had left the headlights on and the van's battery went dead!!! With not a friendly person around...(the surrounding cars offered no help) Summer was about ready to break down, a minute later who shows up?? That's right folks a friendly police officer, who we promptly flagged down to jump our car. The moral of this story?? Always have a drivers licence and registration (we had neither) and be nice to our uniformed officers. And as always, with Summer and Jordan....BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan, wow, I am so proud of you for making the decision to go to NYC. What a great time in your life to experience new and exciting things. I am here in your house in Utah. You are not missing anything, just the all the laughing, although your mother says the laughing is missing without you. Can't wait to hear about your new adventures. Miss you and love you, have fun. Rick, looking forward to reading more about your exciting life.

The Reese Family said...

JORDAN :) HI PRINCESS! I hope your having fun. Keep your blog up to date. I am jealous that your so close to the BEACH! LUCKY