Monday, May 26, 2008

A Different World

The more time I spend in East Hampton NY, the more I realize that even though NY and UT are in the same Country--we are miles apart. Just a few differences include that the average mom of a 6 year old is my mothers age (around 40), getting married before you're 30 is not a good idea, and the kid to nanny ration is 2:1. It has been such an experience being here, and in only two weeks I have learned so much.

I have been really lucky to have found a good family, the Seitz's are an amazing family and have really done a great job raising their kids. In fact today we had a BBQ at a friends house, (it was my day off but I went to help out) and the kids were running crazy!! I figured no worries the parents will step in, but oh why would they do such a thing when a nanny could do it for them? So mine and Summers day was spent wrangling and entertaining a large group of children. Another fearful fact?? I was raised to help out, you eat it you help clean it right? Not so much here...Dine and Dash was probably invented here actually. So I did my parents proud, I stayed and picked up trash and washed dishes and put food away, yep I am a super hero!!

My time here has taught me not to take the little things for granted, like a car, toilet paper, a dad who unplugs the toilet, a mom who does my laundry (its been two weeks and I need it done BAD), and of course a family that helps out.

2 comments:

The Reese Family said...

you talk to smart!:) haha. Your to darn cute!!

The Hoths said...

I'm sure your mom will be happy to hear all that. BTW have you done laundry yet? Aren't you running out of clean clothes?