Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New York City


So this past weekend we decided to go into the city... quite an adventure let me tell you! Well first off to get from East Hampton to the big bad city you have to take a bus...Yes a bus, and to get on that bus you have to get to the stop, and then you have to pay for the bus ($51 for a round trip ticket) then the bus drops you off in the city and you have to get a taxi to go where you want to go, because let me tell you its confusing!! We had some fun though I took my very first taxi to Time Square, we went and had some lunch and then sought out some good times.


Our first adventure was a run in with the Naked Cowboy, let me tell you ladies he is kinda ranko!! But we posed with him anyway, also once he found out where we were from (Utah = Mormons in NY ya know) he decided it was time to hang on tight! Ha ha Summer was freaking out and I look like I am enjoying myself but don't let the picture fool you...you weren't there! After we had been violated (Casidy it wasn't sexual assault!!) we went in search of the perfect purse, on our quest we stop at many roadside purse stands but the big beauty was no where to be found, on about are fifth stand I ran into Arty. He was a street vendor and he grabbed my hand and gave me free stuff, oh how lovely it is to be called beautiful by a random stranger!!

Next we moved on to Central Park, we walked the eleven blocks to get there and by the time we were in it we were sweating to death. Don't let the movies fool ya New York City is smelly and hot in the summer. Later we made our way back and got caught in a hasty rain storm and ran for cover the storm made our day cooler but a lot wetter so we hailed a new taxi and sped away to the bus stop! We spend a good few hours in the city and I will be going back, but at night, when its cooler, and not suppose to rain!!

No comments: