Friday, June 6, 2008

Oh dear...


This has been an interesting week as a nanny... I have finally been able to put the kids down for bed without them crying for mom, and although I still get the 'when's my mom going to be home' question, I turn around and ask them and they now know the answer...'after dinner'. Nicky (2, that is my good girl to the left...) is so funny, we have been practicing our Spanish lately and we will repeat hello, hola, hello, hola over and over and then moved on to more difficult phrases and today in the car she said 'Hola, como estas? Muy bein gracias!' it was crazy I was so proud!!



Because Kelly is still in school, (thats her on the right) me and Nicky are on our own most days, and we have come to the time where its time to potty train. She can talk in full sentences, so its time I get to stop changing diapers... so now I feel like a real mom, well actually I had to laugh at myself when in my off time I was researching best methods to potty train ( any suggestions???). But hopefully we will get it down, we just got the 'Nicky Potty' out and she loves to sit on it, but so far nothing. I will keep you updated, ha ha I know you all want to know this stuff right?


But one more week down, I think that anyone who wants to become a mother should nanny first... Everyone told me that this would be the ultimate birth control, but seeing how these families are, and how they raise their children makes me think that us Utahn's have a good point in having our children young... to see some of these parents who don't have time or energy to devote to their kids makes me sad, and to think I was ever against a good spanking, well Mom and Dad thank you for making me scared shit less of you. But really to see how these kids aren't afraid of their parents, and no isn't a word they respond to, is so hard! Just yesterday I watched some girls wrestle on the floor of a restaurant with their mother saying "honey please sit up, please get off the floor..." oh man if I did that with my mom or dad... But I am glad that I wasn't babied either because there are 10 year old girls who cry if their mom leaves them for two minutes!!


I guess every family has their own unique way of running itself, but I sure hope I do as good of job as my parents did!

No comments: