Sunday, August 17, 2008

coming home!


Today is my last day in East Hampton, well full day anyways! I am in the middle of packing all my things...yes I had to take a break I have soooo much stuff... But I was looking back to the blog I wrote right when I got here. It seems like forever ago, because I have changed and grown so much here. This summer has flown by so fast and I have had the most amazing opportunities to actually live, breath, and see things. I have accomplished exactly what I had hoped I would coming here, back home I was stuck in a job I didn't like, I had no friends besides Linsey(your all I needed...) and I didn't have a plan. You may be thinking that "what do you ever have a plan??" and usually I do, however I also tend to fly by the seat of my pants.


Coming here has taught me how to appreciate life, I got to come into someone elses world and live their life with them. I always think that life will start when I have my own family, and it was so interesting to me to step into a different family dynamic, and see how other people live. It has shown me that my parents are some of the best in the world, because they have made me self sufficient, they have taught me how to think things through, and they have given me all the tools that I needed to make it in this world.


I also learned a lot about myself, although I am outgoing when I want to be, I decided that I hate meeting new people. And the reason for that is because I never have had to step out of my comfort zone and actually do it, trust me have had to do it a lot here. I have met some of the nicest people, people who feel like family even though I haven't known them all that long. Its going to be hard to leave for that reason because I have ties here that I know may be severed indefinitely.


I don't know when the Seitz's went from being the people I worked for to 'my family' but that happened as well. I use to refer to them as my bosses or the people I work for, etc. but now I always say 'my family' or Mike or Anne Marie, they have been so great to me and I know that I want to remain in close contact with them for years to come.


Although I am sad to leave, I am so excited to come home and put what I have learned into my own life. The lessons that I have been taught and was forced to learn are ones that everyone should experience and I am glad that I had a positive one!! Now that I have become a better version of myself, I have more confidence, more knowledge and more ambition for my life I can't wait to come home!! see you all soon!

2 comments:

The Reese Family said...

WELCOME HOME, WELCOME HOME!

janers said...

Wow JO...loved this post!

It looks like you have a handle on what "Life is now"...don't waste it. These could be some of the best years of your life!

I know I'm LOVING mine!