Saturday, August 9, 2008

Um I hate water..


So from my quick post you know that my sisters and friends came to visit me in East Hampton, NY for a week. Well having them here made me miss home so much, and I had forgotten how funny we all were...even Casidy is as witty as the rest of us! I had so much fun with them here and I can't wait to go home in 8 short days. While they were here we went shopping both in the outlet mall in Riverhead and in NYC, we also went to WICKED!!!

It was amazing and I wish I could sing as well as everyone there ah everyone needs to go to a Broadway show!! It makes me so excited for The Lion King on Wednesday with Anne Marie and Kelly. The one thing that Anne Marie said to me before she left was don't ruin my house, and thinking in my head everyone coming is cleaner then me...but once I was alone, all my house guests on their way home I had to deal with a few scary events.

By reading my earlier blogs you can probably tell my plumbing here stinks (haha see I am funny!) and so the toilet upstairs plugged the last day my family and friends were here, but I decided that it could wait and before I took Summer to the Jitney the toilet was overflowing a bit. Gross so I put a towel down and decided to deal with it after I had taken Summer to the bus stop. But when I got home I heard more water then just a little leak and to my dismay the ceiling in the playroom was leaking...yes from the fan the lights and a strip down the ceiling!!! Of course I ran to the phone and called my dad, he was golfing and didn't answer so I called my mom bawling and she got me under control and I turned the water off and got towels and cleaned the whole mess up. I won't go into further details to spare you all the fun facts of unplugging a toilet, however when I went to wash the towels in the cellar I found another problem. ..

The rain from the night before had flooded the cellar!!!! I hate water I should have taken pictures but I was a little stressed out...ok a lot stressed out! Thank goodness everything is under control now!! But I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to visit me! Without Steph, and Jennie and my sisters I would have had a boring week... I have the nicest friends and family, they look out for me in lots of ways and they think of everyone else besides themselves and I forgot how it is to be taken care of!! But I love you all, and can't wait to come home.

I have learned to be a better person here, I am now a good host, plumber, mom, cook, cleaner, and I am a heck of a lot more resourceful. I can even get somewhere with just an address and map! I freaking rock! haha ok maybe I am still a little full of myself...

No comments: