Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New York City round 3

So Anne Marie took me to the city today along with Kelly to see the Lion King on Broadway, our journey started bright and early at 7:00 we had to be on the Jitney at 8:00 we got into New York City around 11:00 and Anne Marie took me to the New York Public Library, and we stopped into Toys R Us to check out the Farris Wheel inside. Then we went to John's pizzeria which had some of the BEST pizza and salads I have had here in East Hampton, then we went to the theater to get our tickets for the show.

When we got to the door there were about a dozen paparazzi and tons of other people, guess who came walking out?? Ben Stiller and Jack Black, just to add to the list of celebs I have seen here in NY. The show was pretty cool, the costumes were awesome but they changed a lot of the story and added new songs which kind of bugged me. Wicked was definitely better, but I was so happy for the opportunity to see it. Its been running for 10 years now!! You better hurry to if you want to see it, it will stop running in just 8 short years haha!! No really it was pretty great the lady who played Rafiki Tshidi Manye was by far the best performer I have seen! She was great.

We also took the Subway...yes me on the Subway twice!!! It was a neat experience and wasn't as scary or hard as I thought it would be. We also went to the Upper East Side gosh wish I could live there, we got manicures in a cute nail salon, where they give you a massage while your nails dry.... and it only cost $11.00, plus a hefty tip of course. Then after we walked through Central Park, and passing the Met, (wish we had time to go in!! next time) we ran literally to Penn Station to make our train home! We made our train with seriously 3 minutes to spare, way to close to cut it even for me but children don't understand the word hurry or late for that matter or if we don't run we will be stuck in Manhattan until 10:00 PM!! The train was nice (cheaper than the Jitney and more roomy, if you can stand the boat like motions...I almost couldn't). I bought a new purse, can't pass those freaking street stands I am a sucker! But thats all I got it was hard trust me! I love the city if you could get it cleaner, with less people, and less smelly I would so live there!

2 comments:

The Reese Family said...

what you going to do when you babk in good ol s-town!:) you can come potty train daxton for me:) haha. cant wait to all go to dinner or something when you get back!! See ya soon.

Jordan said...

hum... potty training boys that could come in handy one day I will take it into consideration! and yes we will have a big dinner I am craving Costa Vida soooooo bad!!