Thursday, July 31, 2008

AHHHHH!!

I have had a very long week, filled with laughter, fun, anger, tears, one sleepless night, and three very early bedtimes (8:00 pm I feel soooooo old!!) But all in all I have learned that I may over react and be slightly dramatic at times...sorry Mom, and Linsey, and Cas... this week I have been working really long hours, usually from 7:30 to about 8:00 each night when my head hits the pillow and I am a goner!! It has been a fun week though,

Monday we had a beach party with some of Mike and Anne Maries friends from Ireland, their accents are the greatest...I love it, while we were there my very good girl Nicky said 'Jordan I need to go peeps, I want to use the beach potty' and so as I went to take her to the potty I realized that they closed at 5:00 and it was about 7:00 and she did not like the idea of going in the ocean and using the fish potty haha, so I thought back to my girls camp days and decided she could use the bucket we brought. She really liked that idea, she has been going around all week telling people she went peeps in the bucket, they all look at me REALLY weird!


Tuesday we went to a pool in Montauk downs which was way nice for a change no sand in the crack!! By the end of it I was exhausted and we came home and I figured the girls would be tired too but they are like energizer bunnies, they keep going and going and well you get my drift. So I brought out some finger paint I had bought a while back and they had a blast!! I don't know why but but Nicky only got blue finger paint on herself, not red or yellow only blue... we had to let them run nudie through the slip and slide to clean them up, it was funny!!

We also had a fiesta, I made the girls balloon hats and balloon animals, we made pinatas and had Mexican food for lunch, then we came home and finger painted some more... today we went to the beach and my kids played while I read my romance novel it was delightful and helped me calm down from this hectic week. My girls have been kid of whiny and it wears at you...especially when Nicky is just copying Kelly but being more annoying!! I hate having to raise my voice an octave or give them the look that means 'i am serious' I hate it even worse when Nicky burst into tears.
It has taught me to have patience, and Anne Marie told me today that she didn't know how I did it, how I was with them all day and didn't want to run out the door when she came home. However the truth is, the girls are usually only bad around their mom, I think its cause they don't think I can get mad or tell them what to do when she is around. It scared me that she would undo all the good thing I had done but really it has been great we both discipline the girls around each other haha its great!


No comments: