Tuesday, July 8, 2008

six more weeks

I cannot even believe how this summer has flown by, only six more weeks and I will be home. Which is both kinda sad and really exciting at the same time. This experience has taught me a lot, like if you want to make new friends you have to BE FRIENDLY, also that you have to want to have fun to have fun times. Also don't take the little things for granted, like mom doing my laundry haha... Also I've learned that people back East are some of the nicest people I have ever met, aside from the citidots (those people that come from the city on the weekends and make my life a living hell!!). Some things that I love about East Hampton are:
1. that there is a beach at the end of every south facing road
2. you can catch a crab and eat it for dinner and people do it all the time
3. the trees are awesome
4. you can put bull horns on your hummer...just cause you have the $ too...
5. I live 5 minutes away from Martha Stewart, and Bon Jovi
6. on any given weekend you can see a celebrity
7. the heated pools
8. riding in taxi's you meet the funniest people
9. you meet the nicest people, some who will steal wood for you and others who will search for it on the beach and bring it back for you!!
10. the locals are the ones to meet, not the rich snobs
11. you can walk across the street whenever you want and by law the motorist have to stop... yep I often stop traffic
12. every other car is a BMW, Mercedes, or Audi, but every third car is a Toyota Prius
13. The number of landscapers out on a given day is greater than the year round population of EH
14. to go to Wendy's you have to drive 45 minutes to Riverhead
15. to go to Wal Mart you have to drive 45 mintues to Riverhead
16. you can walk to anywhere you want to go
17. if you are late to somewhere and its your fault, you can blame it on that crazy traffic and no one thinks twice haha...
those are just some of the reasons that East Hampton has become one of my favorite places!! it is like Smithfield, calm and quiet but if walk into the village its a hot spot of fun things to do and even funnier people to watch, and of course every sunny day is spent at the beach soaking up the sun. I sure hope my next six weeks are full of as much adventure as my last 8 weeks have!!

No comments: