Sunday, July 6, 2008

From the mouth of babes...

I am sure everyone can admit that kids say the darnedest things right? Well they also speak the truth, the cold hard brutal truth. Another thing they do is directly interpret the sarcastic things you say to adults. For example today I was talking on the phone to Linsey (haha shout out sista) and she informed me that my blog makes me sound like I am not having the time of my life out here... And after reading through it today I can see that she is right. But on the phone I was explaining that I only feel the need to write when I am sad, lonely, or mad at the world and I need to be better about telling the good things that are happening here in East Hampton. But this really didn't set in until Kelly wanted to write in my special notebook, the notebook I take everywhere I go in case I think something profound or I want to doodle, and I told her that it was my special notebook that I write in sometimes. And she said 'oh the one you write in when your mad at me, or when your sad?' and it hit me how much little kids can hear when you think they aren't paying attention... It also made me see that I need to write about my great adventures.
Well this past week has been so fun, we have played in friends pools, gone to the beach (nearly everyday for at least four hours a day...yep that equals I will be tanner than all ya'll) I also had the chance of meeting my bosses friends and their families. They have been so wonderful to me and I have got the kissing on the check thing down! Sorry if I accidentally do it to anyone when I come home. But last night we went to a Fresh Pond and watched the fireworks over the water, (this is Camille and the fireworks behind her) they were done by Devon's Yacht Club and they were shot off a boat so we had a great view, but we also had a beach fire and roasted smores for all the kids. And being the good girls camper I am I got to make all the marshmallows and put out the fire because no one knew how!!


We also went to the game farm today in Manorville which is like going to Salt Lake from Logan, its a great place for the kids it has rides, and tons of animals. They have a tiger show, giraffes, mountain lions, ducks, zebras, monkeys, turkeys, pigs, Bambi land where you go in with all the baby deer and feed them, and baby animal land where you can feed the goats bottles of milk. It is a great way to get the kids out and take up a day. On the weekends they have pony rides so the girls got to ride them today!
And although I love my girls dearly its also good to get out and I have great friends here, Tara and Chelsea are nanny's I met here through Summer(TDB2008EHPT) they are both from Blackfoot ID, and they are we have some crazy adventures, we are even having our very own beach fire tonight and roasting smores and starburst, I have also met some local people who are so nice and fun to be around. I have successfully driven a truck on the beach and rode a wave haha!! But I am sad that I have only 6 weeks left here its going to break my heart to leave my girls especially Nicky. And although they have asked me to stay for a year(don't worry mommy I said no) I just might have to come back next summer.

No comments: